Saturday, May 23, 2009

•Our trip to Silver Springs, FL, Glass Bottom Boats






Yes, I had heard about it all my life but had never been.  I went with my daughter for a field trip.  It was phenomenal.  It wasn't disney world.  But for me at 45, it was better.  If you want to see what the real florida is all about, visit Silver Springs.  Not much has changed there.  One kind gentleman told me that the 5 glass bottom boats that they are using today are the same ones they used in the 60's.  I couldn't get on the boat because of my wheelchair but my daughter did and it is a ride she will never forget.  I looked at the springs from a fenced area and they were beautiful, very clear and you could see fish and big turtles.  While I was waiting on my daughter to come back from her 30 minute excursion on the boat, I just breathed in the beauty that surrounded me.  It was an overcast day so that was even better, I wouldn't melt in the heat and it was just more enjoyable.  Another reason I wanted to go was to see the Cougars and Florida Panthers.  I could watch them for hours.  Some cages were empty but we did spot one blondish panther over in the corner of the pen.  Of course I had to talk to the big kitty.  She had dug out a spot on the cool dirt and was watching us.  Actually she had a death stare on me and it freaked me out because I knew she could rip me to shreds.  It could have been the wheelchair that interested her, the sound of the motor or something.  I will post more later about our trip and some photos.  Advice:  Go to Silver Springs if you can, it's simple and very sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment