Thursday, May 28, 2009

•News from 1st Grade... I learned a lot at Wendy's


Well the field trip was a learning experience for me.  This is the only field trip I have ever gone on with Jesse.  I observed how he interacted with the other kids.  With the boys... he is just one of them.  They chose where they wanted to sit in Wendy's and he sat at the only table with all boys.  One of the other parents told me I had the worst table having to handle all those boys, 4 to be exact.  The all got along well and loved to laugh and cut up.  They were all rowdy but Jesse chose to sit on my lap after he ate so he never got too rowdy.  I am proud of my son!  Jesse asked me if I could walk with them back to the school and I checked my battery power and told him I would.  One the walk back to school, Jesse was surrounded by girls!  They were tickling him, laughing with him, giving him funny looks, they just loved him!  I wonder how long this has been going on.  Maybe it was this way in kindergarten as well.  I pray I will be able to come into the school more during 2nd grade so I can get to know the kids.  I wasn't able to do that with Aud, or Mad, so I always felt I missed out on so much.  I wasn't able to come in with Aud because I used a cane and it was near impossible, but I did go in to some of the parties.  With Mad I wasn't able to come in because I had a 1 year old to chase and he wasn't allowed on field trips and such.  I went with Maddie's class to 02B Kids in gainesville and I drove Jesse all the way to Green Cove to have Aunt Dee watch him for me, then all the way to Gainesville, then back to Green Cove to pick up Jess.  You can see how this would be near impossible to do on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment