Friday, November 20, 2009

Sticks/Rocks in my purse...

Ahhh yes... Am I the only mother of a little boy, who has found themselves with sticks in their purse? When you are up to your elbows in raising a boy things are... How shall we put this?... Chaotic...(That is not a strong enough word) and if ur body is not running wide open trying to contain him, your mind is racing at full throttle attempting to contemplate his "next move", in order to minimize the amount of destruction that lies ahead. Yes this is the thing we call life and to be be absolutely transparent with you.. Can I confide that I have at times (ok, most of the time for goodness sakes) been in a place of utter confusion and overwhelmation? (That was a Marleneism). Now this is all internal, mind you, just so as we understand each other. Most of the time I can appear to be cool as a cucumber externally. It is inside that is a mess. Of course, it would be so much easier just to spank our kids into submission but I have to be the one who can sleep at night, so judge me if you want, but I have chosen not to hit another human being. In so doing I have also chosen the consequences. Anyway, where were we, oh yeah, sticks in my purse... Now, after I have, in great detail, told you my life story in the aforementioned (well now that is a big word isn't it? not sure if I used it correctly but u get my drift) text let me simply say, why should I be surprised to look in my purse and find sticks? It seemed so bizarre to see that, but it is perfectly the norm for me and my son... To appease him, I often put sticks, rocks, grass, weeds, bugs, butterfly carcuses in my purse when we are away from the house and he sees something in nature and wants to keep it. Afterall he doesn't carry a purse. Makes perfect sense to me.. This is who I am. These are the tales of my life. Thank you God.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect

No comments:

Post a Comment