Monday, June 1, 2009

•What is Facebook? Why is Facebook so great? It looks so boring and dull compared to MySpace.

I have to agree that it does look dull and boring compared to Myspace.  There are no fancy layouts, no color.  No music (I am looking into that.)  I was skeptical too so I did my homework and in a google search I asked what was so great about facebook.  I have tried it at the recommendation of my cousin.  It is just the basics, nothing fancy.  Maybe that is why people love it so much, it is simple.  I have been on about 1 month now and have 30+ friends so far.  Probably my biggest accomplishments so far have been I reconnected with a friend from 8th Grade and also a few friends from high school.  I have joined up with girlfriends that I was acquainted with here in my town and we all keep up with each others lives this way.  For instance, a friend may post on their wall, something like this, "I hate Mondays, where's the coffee?", or they may say, "going to bed early, I'm tired."  Some of us respond with encouragement if we can.  It is a place to share things about yourself that you wouldn't just walk up to an acquaintance and say.  For instance, I may post on my wall what I am thinking and it may be, "I am feeling blue today."  It is posted on others profiles as well if they are friends with you.  So far, I like it and I have figured out a way to put color on my profile.  See next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment